Saturday, August 3, 2013

A School Program

Haven't been to Toastmasters meetings lately. Home and family are what keeps me busy and I'm loving it. So, I told myself I have to blog it...

You know, for some reasons, I always look forward to the month of August even when I was still in grade school. Other than the fact that I was conceived that month (as I calculated nine months before my birth date), Filipino is my favorite subject and that's when we get to celebrate the Linggo ng Wika. No, the school I went to during elementary didn't have the English speaking policy so I had a very good exposure and training on the Filipino language.

I love Filipino. I love the language. Sometimes, I discourage my kids speaking in English especially when they're home. For me, I feel some situations just don't fit the language. Or I guess I'm just being a killjoy.

My kids had a three-day school program in celebration of the Buwan ng Wika at Nutrisyon. Each student level competed through dance presentation featuring Filipino culture and tradition. My preschooler presented the flower festival, so they danced to the tune of Bulaklak.

Shirt and skirt were tailored-made by yours truly; and so my wish of having a sewing machine was immediately granted. Flower accessories were custom-made by yours truly. We bought flower strands; then,  I glued each piece to a headband and a belt. I also had to cut unused ID laces to use the locks and made them as wrist and foot bands. Good thing I was on the mood for being resourceful that time.

I'd like to acknowledge my mom also for the reinforcement. It's not easy to put my youngest in the mood to dance.. Sorry for the blur, I was standing on a steel bench with few kids jumping and running around it.

My grade school student performed an interpretative dance in the tune of Ang Lahat ay Magkaugnay, by Joey Ayala.

There goes the perfect example of (over) nutrition. They're all healthy!... And costumes were not much of an effort, thank you Teacher!

Here in the kingdom, school programs, such as this, are what we, moms and dads, always look forward to since there are not much of community activities where families get together.

More to come!...




No comments:

Post a Comment