Friday, August 9, 2013

Eid Mubarak!

The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has only three holidays a year. One of them is the Eid Al Fitr or the Feast of Breaking the Fast, which is celebrated marking the end of the holy month of Ramadan as we all know. For several years now, my family and I have been religiously seeing the fireworks display in Prince Sultan University along King Abdullah Road in Riyadh.

During the past few years, the fireworks display was set at 9:00 PM. However, for whatever reasons we didn't know, it was set at 11:50 this year. As we called our friend, Mr. Loay, he advised that we went as early as 10:30 PM to find a good spot. So, while we - hubby, I, son, daughter and a friend - waited for the display, we took some shots...



 




Then, I had to stop as police cars came around the area and just to be sure my cam won't be snatched away, I lowered the lens... These were taken an hour before the event so the place was still open and welcoming. Few minutes before the fireworks display, not even a bicycle could pass around that area. Take note, this is not even 1/16th of the Prince Sultan University area. The other side must be very very crowded especially when royalties came to see the display too.

And... BOOM!



Fireworks were coming from this side of the buildings...



They look like falling stars...



Nice shot, even captured the smoke!





I love this one a lot! I wish to have fireworks in my wedding... :P



These booms felt like we're gonna be eaten alive! The sounds were thundering and the earth felt like shaking!


Literally heart-pounding!!!





 Credits to my husband for taking good photos of the fireworks which gave me reason to blog...


Well, the fireworks display used to be held three consecutive nights but we're  not really sure if that's gonna happen this time. There are so many changes recently that we are thinking the city is spending little compared to the previous years...

Eid Mubarak, Everyone!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment