Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Leftover Cookies and Oreos

I have a preschooler who doesn't eat a lot and goes home with leftover cookies. Everyday, we would find unpaired cookies in her snack bag and we would always set it aside. Well, we used to grate the cookies and mix them in vanilla ice cream to have another variety; but then, we don't always buy ice cream. Kids are always prone to tonsillitis and as much as possible I'd like them to minimize sweets especially since their dad was diagnosed with diabetes.

In our case, after six months of assorted leftover cookies, we were able to fill one big bag of Ziploc. It breaks my heart to throw them all thinking of the children who never even got the chance to taste an Oreo and the guilt that eats me every time I think of the Forex conversion cost of each cookie.

So, to save the unwanted cookies and to satisfy my preschooler's sweet tooth, I made them into chocolate balls.

1. Grate the cookies until they become sandy.
2. Mix it with Betty Crocker chocolate frosting.
3. Scoop and mold them until round.
4. Roll the balls in sprinkle candies.
5. Refrigerate.

There you go! Another variety of sweets made from leftover cookies...







1 comment: